When you rub vinegar and loads of fresh herbs on meat you really can't do wrong. I mashed two recipes together for this and it smelled heavenly.
Recipe: Lamb chops with mint gremolata
Adapted from Kiss My Spatula and the Smitten Kitchen Cookbook
Serving size: 2
Note: I've increased the herbs and garlic in the marinade and decreased the mint in the gremolata.
For lamb chops:
- 4 lamb chops, approximately 550 grams
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2.5 tbs balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Combine vinegar, thyme, rosemary, and minced garlic in bowl. Rub into lamb chops. Place in ziploc bag, shake, and marinade for 2-3 hours.
- Combine mint, garlic, and lemon peel in small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees celsius (425 degrees fahrenheit). While oven preheats sear the lamb chops two at a time. Heat frying pan to medium high and coat generously with olive oil. When the oil is hot but not smoking, add the lamb chops and sear for 2 minutes on each side. Lower the heat if oil begins to smoke.
- Roast lamb chops for 5-7 minutes or to desired doneness.
- Serve with gremolata.